When it comes to email marketing, you know how valuable your email list can be. But coming up with new ways to get people to sign up for your emails isn’t always easy. Twice before we shared tips to grow your email list. 12 the first time. 6 the second time. We’ve gathered 12 more tactics to grow your email list. These twelve utilize your business’ social media outlets.
Whatever methods you use, be sure to start with a reason “why” someone should join your email list. What’s in it for them? This will make it more likely that people will say yes. Now to the list:
- Add a sign-up form to your Facebook page. Make it easy for fans to join your list by adding a sign-up form to your Facebook page. Constant Contact has a free app to add a sign-up form right to their page and collect email addresses without doing any extra work.
- Tweet it! Write yourself a note now: “Tweet about my email list once a week.” You should also post about your email list on your other social networks, but less frequently than you would on Twitter.
- Update your Facebook cover photo. Include a call to action on the cover photo of your Facebook page. Have some fun with it and ask people to join your list.
- Use a Facebook ad. Supercharge your Facebook list growth with a Facebook ad. Add new fans and new subscribers by driving people to your Facebook sign-up form.
- Use your YouTube channel. Making the leap into online video? Talk about your emails in a video and tell people where to sign-up.
- Use Foursquare. Foursquare lets you update your business’ info and post alerts to people in the area. Try sharing a link to your sign-up form and see how it works.
- Join LinkedIn Groups. When appropriate, let members of the group know about your email.
- Join a Google+ Community. Like LinkedIn Groups, Google+ Communities are the place Google+ users go to find information relevant to them. Share your latest email and ask members to join your list.
- Host a Tweet Chat. Tweet Chats are a great way to boost engagement on Twitter. It can help you attract new followers and give you a unique opportunity to grow your list.
- Use Vine. Tell people why they should sign-up in six seconds or less. You can share your Vine video on Facebook or Twitter and can embed it in your blog.
- Add a sign-up link to your social bios. Allow social connections to easily find your email sign-up form by linking to it in your profiles. Try it on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, or Google+.
- Sample your content on Pinterest. Create a board on Pinterest and “pin” your email newsletter right when it comes out. Use an image from your email or take a screenshot of your entire newsletter to give readers a preview of your content.
There are a lot of measurable benefits of email marketing. Of course, we recommend that email marketing be an important part of your marketing mix – not the only ingredient in it. However, if you’re not incorporating email into your marketing plan, then you’re missing out on a number of benefits that can improve your overall sales and user engagement for a very low overhead cost and, in many cases, a very limited amount of time and effort. If you’re not continuously adding contacts to your database, you’re missing out on a way to grow your business.
And if you don’t get our bi-monthly email of marketing tips, ideas and best practices, you can sign up HERE.