When it comes to email marketing, you know how valuable your email list can be. But coming up with new ways to get people to sign up for your emails isn’t always easy. Previously, we shared tips to grow your email list. We’ve gathered 6 more tactics to add to those 12 list growth ideas! These six utilize collateral your business already utilize.
Whatever methods you use, be sure to start with a reason “why” someone should join your email list. What’s in it for them? This will make it more likely that people will say yes. Now to the list:
- Use a brochure. Giving our flyers, brochures, or pamphlets at your store or office? Let people know your emails are the best source for up-to-date information.
- Use your business card. Work with your business card supplier to add a QR code with a call-to-action to join your email list.
- Add a QR code to your menu. Own a restaurant? Add a QR code to your menu and let people join your email list at your table.
- Use your shipping boxes. Shipping orders to customers who placed an order online? Put a QR code on your boxes and encourage customers to sign up.
- Use your table tents. Do you use table tents in your restaurant or at your events? Add a QR code and make it easy for attendees to join your email list.
- Use a piece of content. You can offer a piece of content – like a whitepaper, eBook, or guide – to entice people to join your list.
There are a lot of measurable benefits of email marketing. Of course, we recommend that email marketing be an important part of your marketing mix – not the only ingredient in it. However, if you’re not incorporating email into your marketing plan, then you’re missing out on a number of benefits that can improve your overall sales and user engagement for a very low overhead cost and, in many cases, a very limited amount of time and effort. If you’re not continuously adding contacts to your database, you’re missing out on a way to grow your business.