When it comes to email marketing, you know how valuable your email list can be. But coming up with new ways to get people to sign up for your emails isn’t always easy. That’s why I have put together a collection of list growth ideas! Four other times we shared tips to grow your email list. 12 the first time. 6 the second time. 12 the third time. And 8 the last time. We’ve gathered 9 more tactics to grow your email list.
Whatever methods you use, be sure to start with a reason “why” someone should join your email list. What’s in it for them? This will make it more likely that people will say yes. Now to the ways to grow your email list. These 9 use the content you produce or have already produced.
- Blog? Add a sign-up form to it. If someone enjoys what you have to say on your blog, there’s a good chance they’d want to see your updates in their inbox. Constant Contact customers using WordPress can use a free WordPress integration to create a sign-up form that adds email addresses directly to your email list in Constant Contact.
- Guest Blog. Writing for other blogs is a great way to get in front of a new audience. Include a link to your sign-up form in your bio. If people like your post, they’ll want to get more information from you.
- Use your Podcast. Mention your email newsletter during your podcast.
- Collect email addresses with an online survey. Add a sign-up link to your next online survey. Let people share their feedback and join your email list.
- Promote your email archive. Use Email Archive to promote your past emails. You can share your archive on your blog, website, and/or on social media.
- Put a sign-up link in your newsletter. You never know how people are going to find your emails. When new readers find them, make sure they have a way to sign up.
- Add social share buttons to your emails. Sometimes, the best way to grow your list is to extend the reach of your emails. Add social share buttons to make it easy for people to share your emails on their social networks.
- Let readers forward to a friend. Add a “forward to a friend” button to your emails to help you reach your next subscribers.
- Use a piece of content. You can offer up a great piece of content—like a whitepaper, eBook, or guide—and before they are able to download it, they sign up to join your list. Constant Contact customers can use a tool like Digioh to easily deliver the content and collect new subscribers to your email list.
There are a lot of measurable benefits of email marketing. Of course, we recommend that email marketing be an important part of your marketing mix – not the only ingredient in it. However, if you’re not incorporating email into your marketing plan, then you’re missing out on a number of benefits that can improve your overall sales and user engagement for a very low overhead cost and, in many cases, a very limited amount of time and effort. If you’re not continuously adding contacts to your database, you’re missing out on a way to grow your business.
And after an article like this, we’d be remorse if we didn’t say… if you don’t get our bi-monthly email of marketing tips, ideas and best practices, you can sign up HERE.