Back To You Marketing’s expertise is destination marketing. Our firm’s founder, Stephen Koranda, is a Certified Destination Marketing Executive through Destination Marketing Association International, and a Certified Tourism Ambassador. Stephen’s career includes serving at the Norman, Okla., and Olathe, Kan., destination marketing organizations (CVBs.)
Achievements while at the Norman CVB include:
- Led the Norman CVB through a ‘brand-realignment’ process establishing a research-based mark and corporate identity for Norman and the CVB. The ‘re-branding’ included advertising conceptualization. The logo received an ADDY award through the Oklahoma City Advertising Club.
- Led the NCVB through a re-design of VisitNorman.com. Subsequent work included a new mobile website. In three years since the release of the new site, traffic increased more than 630%.
- Analyzed all aspects of the organization. Re-engineered human resources of the Norman CVB. Reestablished goals and benchmarks for sales staffs and departments. Developed and implemented goal and sales-based marketing plans. In Norman, adopted international reporting standards. FYE 2013 room nights sold and serviced posted best results in CVB history.
- Guided the process of moving the location of the CVB offices following storm damage to the offices in the summer of 2011.
- Established community partnerships leading to increased visibility for the CVB through the local mall and a Wayfinding Signage Plan being developed for the City of Norman.
- Conceptualized, designed and implemented researched-based advertising campaign promoting the Norman tourism entities that resulted in increased tax revenues for the city and higher hotel occupancy rates.