You have a goal to post on Facebook everyday, but wow! 260 ideas!? Invariably one of two things happen. After a period of consistent posting, the page goes quiet. You’re reminded to post something but instead of daily, it’s once a week or so.
The other possibility is you “do the easy” and post a product. Then another product. Another product. Another. And the page becomes sell, sell, sell. That turns off those that like the page and engagement drops.
With a little planning and enough ideas, you can mix up your posts. We teach the 70/20/10 rule when it comes to your social media post variety. 70% of posts should be entertaining or educational. 20% should sell something. 10% should be personal. With that rule in mind, here’s 21 creative Facebook post ideas:
- Helpful Tips to Save Time. Can your customer order ahead online and pick-up at the store? Do you deliver?
- Helpful Tips to Save Money. Yes, discounts, but consider 10 tips to save money on insurance. 12 tips to keep your house cool in summer reducing energy bill – one for each week of summer.
- Frequently Asked Questions. Store hours. Parking. Admission rates. Bring in our own food? Group discounts? What are the questions customers are frequently asking?
- Customer Testimonials. Try to include a picture of the customer.
- Customer Picks. What the popular purchases this week or this month?
- Customer of the Week. Feature their picture of your product.
- Employees. And include a personal tid-bit of information. Favorite movie. Hobby customers won’t know about. Special certifications.
- Local Events. If you are tied to the arts, promote other art events. Especially post about events if you are a sponsor or if you will be in attendance.
- Trivia. Keep it related to your industry. Dentist? Ask “how many toothbrushes are sold each year?”
- Articles. Keep them related to your industry. A house inspector posts articles on home decor, landscaping, and how to make your home pet friendly.
- Behind-The-Scene-Shots. The winery make chocolate covered wine bottles? Show the steps in preparing the special gifts.
- Special Holidays. Not just Christmas, Easter and the start of school. Swim A Lap Day. Sunglasses Day. Take a Dog to Work Day. Find those fun “holidays” at DaysOfTheYear.com
- Ask About Decisions. Which sandwich should we add to the menu? Should we offer different hours? Which artist should we have an exhibit for?
- Questions and Fill-In-The-Blank. Keep these fun. Best hamburger in Anywheresville? Best restaurant with a patio? Do you believe State will be a good team this year?
- Inspiring Quotes. Whether spiritual, business inspiration, or general, people always love the warm-fuzzy of an inspiring quote.
- Pictures of Your Product In Use. A local T-shirt outlet frequently shares pics of Okies wearing their shirts. Another twist to this is before and after pictures. The house before the wood floors. And after!
- Old blogs.
- Your Hobby
- Recommend Someone Else to Follow.
- Support a Cause