As we look to keep up with social media daily, unfortunately, some weeks we are lucky if we can get to every outlet and give it the attention they deserve. Facebook comments. Messenger. Tweets we’re tagged in. Replies. Messages. Sharing our own comments. Following new people to expand our networks. Liking. Retweeting. Sharing. How do we keep up with it!?
Through a series of posts, we will provide a simple, weekly checklist that will allow you to remember what to do each week on or with each network. Create the to-dos each week. Knock them out. And see your business expand.
So far we’ve provided Social Media Checklists for LinkedIn, Facebook and Pinterest. This checklist is for Twitter. Twitter offers an incredible international reach with 79% of the 330 million users outside of the United States. If you’re chasing a younger audience – Twitter. 36% of US users are 18-29 years of age. Educated. Higher income. And if you get them to follow you, gold! 93% of people who follow small- and medium-sized businesses on Twitter plan to purchase from the SMB(s)! With that valuable of a market, be sure to maintain your presence on Twitter.
Here’s your weekly Social Media Checklist for Twitter:
- 3 new tweets a day. Your tweets can be business related, fun/social, or promotional. Perhaps one of each.
- Remember to add #hashtags so your posts appear on trending topics.
- 2 retweets a day. Search a topic related to your store or industry and retweet an article, or simply something fun.
- Follow 10 new people a week. If you can do more, i.e., 5 a day, go for it! If they’re courteous, they will follow you back, growing your reach.
- ADVANCED TIP: Add comments with your retweets. Example: Great information about marketing through Twitter. RT: @backtoyoumktg Weekly Social Media Checklist for Twitter: http://ow.ly/sEpw30lx1td
Schedule 15-20 per week to address these to-dos. You’ll see your engagement increase, network expand, reputation grow, website traffic increase, and business GROW…
Thanks for reading.